Obese Man Looking for Pool Access
by Jan Yuill
I was touched to hear about this interview on CBC’s The Current.
Why am I touched by it?
- He knows what he wants and needs, and is actively pursuing it! Private, enjoyable exercise. (Why does someone’s passion for something stir others up?)
- He is so open about his circumstances. (Going public on a very personal matter requires courage!)
- He is looking for a creative solution. (Most people would not think of bartering for something like this. Don’t you love it when someone comes up with a different approach?)
- He is looking for a win-win arrangement. (Offering pool maintenance will benefit the pool owners as well. His goal is self-serving, but so unselfish!)
But he’s probably going to get more than he is bartering for…
- This is a double-wammy exercise routine… swimming and physical labour. (Imagine how his appearance will change by the end of summer.)
- He and the pool owners will probably become good friends. (Who wouldn’t like someone who cleaned their pool for free?)
- He’ll probably inspire many to go after their goals. (He has already inspired me.)
- He’ll probably become rich and famous. (Someone will probably buy the movie rights to the story. I hope so.)
Check the CBC site to hear the interview.